Who We Are…
- We are a group of stakeholders, both past and present, who have been providing direction to the movie industry, and set to create development opportunities in export, youth employment and National growth.
- Founded in 1999, we run Guild membership in 6 zones of the Nigerian Federation. These are in Abuja (FCT), Asaba, Benin, Enugu, Lagos and Port Harcourt.
- Given the role of the director in bringing together various technical and creative professionals to establish a movie, the director is therefore the custodian of quality in the industry. Directors therefore are best positioned to drive capacity across the industry.
- DGN is the Custodian of the Film Art of Nigeria
About the DGN
- The Directors’ Guild of Nigeria (DGN) is a professional body for Directors involved in the creative sector (Film/Television/Stage) in Nigeria. The Directors’ Guild of Nigeria is the apex guild in the audio-visual sector of the creative industries.
- The guild was established primarily for the welfare and protection of members and their works, and to assist in creating a workable environment through its constant interface with Corporate Nigeria, Non-Governmental Organizations, various governments’ MDAs and relevant International Organizations.
- The Directors’ Guild of Nigeria is custodian of the art & culture of filmmaking in Nigeria constantly seeking frontiers to promote and maintain international standards worthy of the film making culture in Nigeria.
To bring together industry players to build required capacity to tap into the opportunity that this sector provides and attract the investment that this sector provides to enable the industry reach its full potential.